Start using iOS Passbook in 5 Easy Steps
With the launch of iOS 6 came the much anticipated Passbook app. Despite passbook being out for over a month now, most people have no idea how to use it, so I decided to put together a painfully easy tutorial. Let’s get to it.
Reasons to use passbook
- Thin out your wallet by carrying around less loyalty and gift cards
- Leave your wallet in your pocket, and pay with your phone in just a few taps
- Avoid printing things like concert tickets, boarding passes, train tickets, etc.
1. Start with a Starbucks card
If you live anywhere near a Starbucks, I recommend you bite the bullet and experience Passbook as soon as possible. The easiest way to get started is to purchase a gift card at your local Starbucks and ask the cashier to load it with $5.
2. Download the Starbucks app
Visit the iOS app store and download the free Starbucks app.
3. Link your card to the Starbucks App
3.1 Click the + Icon at the top Right of the Starbucks App
3.1 Type in the numbers from your physical Starbucks card
4. Add your Starbucks card to the Passbook App
Once your card is added to the Starbucks app, you will see a Reload and Manage button under the card. Hit the “Manage” button.
4.1 After hitting “Manage” select the option that says “Add Card to Passbook
5. Open the Passbook app
Go back to your home screen on the iPhone, and open the Passbook app. You should see your Starbucks card appear.
Your Starbucks pass will look something like this.
Save Time and Earn Rewards
Earn your Starbucks gold status in no time, and don’t worry about fishing your plastic Starbucks card out of your wallet. By simply flashing your Starbucks card against a barcode reader at the cashier station, you are able to instantly pay and earn your Starbucks rewards.
See some of my other posts regarding Passbook.